WUZZYANGEL'S ALOHA SALE

NEW ITEMS JUST ADDED 10/17/10!! New items beeing added again soon!
Check out my SALE

HERE!


CLOTHES, ACCESSORIES, MAKEUP, MU ACCESSORIES, FRAGRANCE, POLISH, MUFE
MAC, NYX, COACH, ROXY, AND MORE!! :)
NOW WITH MAC HK!!

Monday, October 5, 2009

EDIT: THINK PINK GIVEAWAY! DEADLINE EXTENDED!

It's that time of year again! October is here, and it's Breast Cancer Awareness Month! Some of you may know about my history on how breast cancer has affected me from last year's post & contest. But for those of you who don't here you go......

Breast cancer is something that has affected my life a few times more then I care for. This is my tattoo that is on my left shoulder. One sakura for my mother (5yr survivor), her elder sister my aunt (9yr survivor), and the bf's mom (3yr survivor). These women are my heroes, my role models, and my inspiration. They each carried themselves with great optimism, courage, strength, faith, and hope.
All I ask of you who are dear to me on this wonderful blogger community is that you pls be aware of this disease. Check yourselves regularly, keep up with your OB/GYN appts, and encourage your loved ones to do the same. Breast cancer is a non discriminatory disease. I'm only 29 and I already have had to go for annual mammograms as I'm considered high risk. There are lots of medical facilities who offer free mammograms this month too. Check with your local hospital or clinic.
During this month there are so many ways to help out! You can volunteer, do the Race for the Cure in your neighborhood, and even shop for the cause!! That's right ladies!! There are so many great beauty and even non-beauty related shopping opportunities available with proceeds going to Breast Cancer Research.
Pretty much every beauty or fashion site you can think of is supporting "pink" products!! All you have to do is search the site for breast cancer! Since we all shop online and in stores as well, this is not a hard thing to do. Please help out this month as every little bit helps the fight!

Some even offer great deals just for purchasing "pink" products! Here are just a few links: (for some just search the site for "breast cancer or pink ribbon") And some are available in stores & at their counters as well!


And here are some informational links...

Now on to the giveaway!! Watch the vid for rules! See all the great entries I got from last years contest HERE!
Forgot to say that the deadline is October 28! It's the day after I get back from Cali, so you guys have plenty time!
EDIT: DEADLINE EXTENDED TO 10/31!!
:)

38 comments:

ectini said...

Thank you for posting this (: My mom also had breast cancer and it was tough to see her go through everything but she always was strong about it and I'm thankful she got through it fine. Shopping for a cause hmmm will have to go check out those links (; And thanks for the comment, I never thought of trying the patch, maybe will look into that too.

Jamilla Camel said...

Excellent reminder! I just had my mammogram 10 days ago!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing all the information with everyone! My aunty is in the stages of preventing breast cancer from developing further and it's wonderful to know that there are so many people out in the world who want to create awareness of and support breast cancer research! I'll definitely be checking out those links and posting as soon as I can. God bless you, your mom, your aunty, and your bf's mom!

Unknown said...

You are a strong woman! Your mom, aunt and your bf's mom are so very lucky and blessed. Your story is so heartwarming. I don't think breast cancer runs in my fam but I do know some who had another kind of cancer so I know what it's like to be extra cautious. I'm definitely supporting you in this Wuzzy, look out for a post. (:

Yumeko said...

this is a great post
i hope tons of ladies contribute
afterall the stores are putting out special pink things and who doesnt love pink

it goes to a good cause everyone!!!

Stephanie said...

What a great blog post Wuzzy! I really admire you for spreading awareness ^_~ you go girl!

Tammy said...

Awww..Wuz!!! This post reminded me that I started to get to know you around this time last year when I entered your contest!! Be sure I will be entering this contest & promoting awareness.

*hugs*
I miss you on BlogTV..maybe you and L can do a BlogTV when you meet up..? hehe!!

♥ Ms. Kendall ♥ said...

Your a strong chica!!! I'm definitely going to do this giveaway! Don't care about the prize! I'm packing for ATL and leaving on Sat. :) I will take the time to spread the word on my blog and my ATL blog :)
I wanna do it now, but there's so safe pathway between my desk and my makeup area..
XoXo
P.S. Have fun in Cali!!!! If you end up on the EAST COAST for some reason give me a holler <-- they say holler in the south I think...

Angela said...

thank you for the post and the giveaway. And I posted the giveaway here:
http://free4beauty.blogspot.com/2009/10/giveaways-alert-5.html

Ms. Rodil aka Supervillain1 said...

I think it's very awesome and noble of you to have this giveaway. I actually have 2 aunts who are breast cancer survivors. Love ya! Oh and of course, here's my entry. =) http://choke-a-bitch.blogspot.com/2009/10/breast-cancer-awarenessjoin-wuzzys-pink.html

Iyah Love said...

I neeeeed to do an FOTD for this contest!! :) I am so proud of you of promoting breast cancer awareness ^^ This is very importance! I will join.. ^^

Iyah Love said...

http://withadriyah.blogspot.com/2009/10/think-pink-give-away-entry.html

Here you go Wuzzy! :) My Contest Entry for your give away!! Kudos to you for doing this. Stay Strong and Supportive :) We love you!!!

Stephanie said...

I don't know why I can't hear you in the video... sad. you inspired me to donate to pinkribbon anyhow. thanks for posting this!

Anonymous said...

Hello!

I just posted on my blogspot (joyceangelica.blogspot.com) Thank you for the opportunity to enter your giveaway!

Stephanie said...

Here is my pink thing... hope it qualifies. okay if it doesn't!
http://www.julujewelry.com/2009/10/hang-low-sweet-crystals.html

izumi said...

http://motojewelry.blogspot.com/2009/10/october-charity.html

love it ;) hope i get to do a pink look-- though i don't think i have pink eyeshadow o__O we'll see if i can mix some together :P

Tammy said...

Save the boobies!!

http://notarichgirl.blogspot.com/2009/10/save-boobies.html

Unknown said...

this is a great giveaway;
i dont care about the price. (:
im gonna enter!~
gotta spread awareness!!!

Mona said...

I'll get cracking on this. **BIG HUG**

Senita said...

I have spread the word too!:)

http://atingsblings.blogspot.com/2009/10/pink-ribbon.html

Unknown said...

Check it out girl!

http://tinamarieonline.blogspot.com/2009/10/wuzzyangels-think-pink-giveaway.html

You're such a sweetheart for hosting this giveaway. I think I'll definitely consider shopping to show my support. Hehe (:

xoxo

♥ mia said...

thanks for doing this :)

here's my blog for raising awareness:
http://kikaymia.blogspot.com/2009/10/breast-cancer-awareness-month.html

♥ mia said...

i found this site too:
http://www.dietsinreview.com/diet_column/10/blogs-against-breast-cancer-2009/

if you put the badge on ur blog, they will donate $5 to the National Breast Cancer Foundation

i'm inviting everyone to do this

Unknown said...

Hi Wuzzy,
I have no idea if this counts towards an entry for your giveaway, but either way, that's fine with me.
Your post on breast cancer inspired me to bead a SWAROVSKI ribbon. A part of the sale will go towards the national breast cancer foundation. Come check it out! hqcdblog.blogspot.com

Thanks!

Unknown said...

I've edited my post! I'm still going to keep doing this to help raise money for the foundation-- hope this helps spread the word!

Unknown said...

this is my entry.
second post about it ~
http://thalysucc.blogspot.com/2009/10/think-pink.html

Unknown said...

Oops. I must be truly retarded.
http://hqcdblog.blogspot.com/2009/10/breast-cancer-awareness-and-beginning.html

ectini said...

Here's my entry
http://ectini.blogspot.com/2009/10/wuzzys-think-pink-giveaway.html

Sorry I took so long to post XD

♥ mia said...

here's my pink entry :D
http://kikaymia.blogspot.com/2009/10/notw-think-pink.html

Jamilla Camel said...

You now have TWO links from my blog!!

HT said...

Wuzzy, this giveaway is a great idea-- it definitely spreads the word! Here is the link for my (at least part 1 for now) entry:

http://makeuptimesthree.blogspot.com/2009/10/breast-cancer-awareness-entry-for-wuzzy.html

Thanks! :)

Miss drifted Snow White said...

hey,

i just stumpled upon your giveaway and absolutely love what you're doing for the cause. i wrote about breast cancer in my post, but focused more on depression, as lots of people are not aware that october is also the month for depression awareness. i created 4 looks for that as well: 1x only pink, 2x pink & green since green is the colour for depression, 1x only green. i'm gonna go add the info about your giveaway and the links. hope it's gonna be sufficient to qualify.

LINEA. said...

Wuzzy! such a great & wonderful idea! Thanks for doing this & sharing your stories with us :]

so i did both parts for your give away :]
http://lineagonzales.blogspot.com/2009/10/wuzzys-think-pink-give-away.html

Anonymous said...

wuzzy, this is a excellent idea and I fully support it.
i've made a post here: http://mintfusion.blogspot.com/2009/10/breast-cancer-awareness.html
I hope you don't mind that I focused it mainly on breast cancer awareness after than the giveaway.

K said...

I never do giveaways where you need to post a link to the original post... but this is important!!

http://bihadadiaries.blogspot.com/2009/10/breast-cancer-awareness-month.html

Whitney & the full effect said...

wuzzy you're such a beam of light!! so inspirational!! luv you!!

Anonymous said...

Here's part 2 I guess.
Happy pink ribbon day!
http://mintfusion.blogspot.com/2009/10/happy-pink-ribbon-day-everyone.html

Yumeko said...

here i am!
i tried my bestest!!
http://bittenbefore.com/tokyolife/2009/10/30/think-pink-eotdnotd-you-name-it/

Visiting From: