I picked this up during the Sephora F&F 15% Off coupon sale. Originally I wanted to get UDPP, but they were all sold out at both Sephora locations. I didn't order online, cuz I only wanted the one thing, and the shipping to Hawaii would be too expensive. The MU suggested this, saying that it was just as good as UDPP. And since I have HEAVY HOODED LIDS I need something! LOL!
DISCLAIMER: I HAVE NEVER TRIED UDPP, TFSI, etc. So I cannot compare SMASHBOX to them. The only other eyelid primer I've ever used is MAC Prep&Prime Eye, which SUCKS ASS!
Here's the box, and the tube, and the wand.
What Sephora.com says:
What it is:An ultra-luxurious lid primer.
What it does:Smashbox Photo Finish Lid Primer creates the perfect canvas for eyeshadow application. Wear this universal shade under shadow to increase longevity, or create the perfect nude eye by applying over the lid for an even tone.
What Else You Need To Know:The exclusive formula contains Phytomoist, a plant-based hyaluronic acid for ultimate moisturization and amino acids for skin-smoothing benefits. Soft focus pearls help diminish the appearance of fine lines on the lids while the patented Qusome® delivery system ensures all ingredients penetrate the skin to deliver effective results.
The tube says it's 0.08fl or 2.5ml Price is $20 (which is pretty steep, but that's what the coupon was for!)
So here it is on my lid, then blended.

The consistency is very creamy and it blends well over the lid. You only need a small amount. If you put too much on then it gets kinda "waxy" and harder to blend out.
So I had my shadow on for about 12+hrs. This is my look from Sunday, you can see the full FOTD here. I did not touch up my e/s at all during the day. The only thing I touched up was my eyeliner on the lower water/lash line.
You can see that there is a bit of fading & creasing, but not as much as I normally would have gotten with the MAC Prep&Prime Eye. Remember that I have heavy hooded lids too. Overall I like it. It should last me a bit too, since you only need a small amount.
PROS:
Creamy consistency
Holds shadow & creasing isn't as dramatic
Little goes a long way
Nice neutral color base
CONS:
Price for amount
If you put too much on by accident it gets hard & "waxy" and you might have to start all over
Would I buy this again when I run out?:
Maybe... Probably if I had another coupon or it was on sale. It's a good product to me, but like I said I can't compare it to the other primers. Except MAC.
Maybe... Probably if I had another coupon or it was on sale. It's a good product to me, but like I said I can't compare it to the other primers. Except MAC.
Hope this helps!
:)
:)


26 comments:
Yay thnx for the review! That is pretty expensive though but good thing you had that coupon. I never tried TFSI either but I have tried UDPP and I actually really like it. So when you get the chance, you should definitely try it out! Which reminds me I need to restock, I'm almost out! :)
oooo, nice. tried paintpots and the like? and fuz's BE one.. that i haven't used yet... hahahaha. get my DM on twitter? ;D
Good review! I've used UDPP and BE lid primers, and they're...OK. This one looks like it's worth a try--thank you for the review!
Goodness that stuff looks wicked!! I am off to try see if I can find one!
Thanks wuzzster for this!!
Thanks for the primer review :) I -think- I have hooded lids too, it's really droopy and everything. The eyeworks look like they're still intact, wow after 12+ hrs. The price for the primer is a little steep @_@ But hey, if it works, that's awesome!
ooh this looks good!
Fuz got me a BE one but Angie got me TFSI so i gotta finish all those [and my UDPP] before i can try this XD ooops
wuzzy love, can u please dm me ur address on twitter, i need to send the cute little kuma [bear] home to u and Cheese
nice review! this was the primer i wanted to try... mayb next time! have u tried UDPP & TFSI?
First off, I was so happy when you finished up your MAC P+P!!!! Especially since it didn't work for you!!!!
Secondly, thanks for the great review!!!!! I wish I could try this too!
Aaaannnndd thirdly, you know what you are gonna get hit with in mid-late June, don't you????
i love your eyeshadow application....for some reason i suck at it. Just looks like a hot mess for me...lol
I've barely touched my UDPP since I bought Benefit Cream Shadows...they're a great base, they have a great shimmery color so you can wear it alone, and when you apply shadow on top of it the color lasts all day.
Thanks for the review! =)
OoOOo wuzzy... dammit
seeee this is the VERY reason I told myself to ween myself OFF BLOGGER.
To avoid the temptation to buy other products that girls LIKE YOU... *sigh*
....must resist... must fight the urge....
ANYWHO thanks for the review, I'm officially "persuaded"
Waxy? :[ Thank you for the review! I'm going to stay away from this one.
That is a super mini eye primer!
Thanks for the review. A lil bit of creasing is kinda normal for any base (since he didn't take the weather/ humidity, etc to account). I really liked the too faced shadow insurance. It's nice and creamy.
it is quiet pricy thanks for the review!
thanks for the review! ive seen mixed feelings about that product. ill just stick with my UDPP! hehe * im lovin you blog, new follower right here! =]
thx for the review hun! i never tried TFSI but i definitely love my UDPP.. hehe..
i can't wait to try this! it wont be for a long time tho!!
on the brite side, it is a better bottle than UDPP u know? u wont hve to cut it open n stuff.
wow!! it looks so smooth on your lid!!!
i feel a lemming comin onnnnn
sheeet!
thanks for the review!! i was looking at this and wasn't sure since i didnt hear much about it yet :p
Hmmm..seems like a great eyelid primer!! I wonder if its comparable to the UDPP :)
the only eye primer i have ever tried is udpp & i loveeee it haha
can't say too much about other stuff either :P
almost tried out tfsi but then i didn't have time to actually put on eyeshadow lol so much for that
great review wuzzy! i've tried udpp and tfsi and have heard that this one is better, will have to go to sephora to give it a go :P
Hey Sweetie. Im back! Sephora had 15% off coupon?? Darn i missed it. I never understood what it means to have hooded eyes. Does it mean monolids?
I want that primerrrr !!
thanks for the great reviews as always~
<333
Misss u!!
thanks for the review - if anything this just reminds me to try using the primers that I already have that just sit in my drawer, lol - pretty good that it lasted that long though!
Post a Comment