JapMags are waaaay COOL!! I've been perusing through the pages of the two JapMags that KimberyTia sent me... And I'm in love!! Just to see there fashions, whether it be weird to me or not, and to see the looks that they come up with is soo much fun! I notice that the Japanese tend to opt for more lighter shades of makeup, and like to use a lot of quads & palettes to create their looks. That and mascara!! MY GAWD most of them use AT LEAST 3 different mascaras at one time!! LOL!!!
On a side note I also noticed that they are obsessed with Cosmetic Surgery. Pretty much the entire back of the mags are dedicated to ads boasting cosmetic surgery for boobies, eyes, face, & legs! Those before & afters are soo dramatic.. It's like they have hooded eyes like mine in the before, then POOF double lid like the model whose look I TRIED to recreate. Operative word being tried!! LOL!! Honestly it came out looking like all the other blue EOTDs I've done, just lighter!
So here is the pic of inspiration. This came from the RAY magazine.

And here's my look!! Click on collage to view larger

USED:
MAC Prep&Prime Eye in Light
NYX e/s Nude
NYX e/s Pacific
MAC e/s Freshwater
MAC e/s Vanilla
EYEKO Magic Liquid Eyeliner w/ MAC e/s Freshwater
NYX Eyepencil in White
Maybelline Full-n-Soft Waterproof Mascara
On to the BB Creams!!! First off this is just my opinions. If you want in depth reviews on BB Creams I suggest you check out FUZKITTIE's blog. She does great comparison reviews!
The 2 BB Creams I own are, The Skinfood Mushroom BB Cream which I bought off Ebay, and VOV Castledew Whitening BB Cream that the beautiful Yasumi sent me!
Here is what Ebay pages say about the Skinfood Mushroom BB Cream:
Skinfood Mushroom BB Cream#2 Natural Beige Functions as a make-up and skin-care in one. Acts as a foundation that covers blemishes and evens out skin tone. BB Creams are known to increase skin regeneration. Has Whitening, Sun Protection and Anti-Ageing properties!
Here is what Ebay pages say about the VOV Castledew Whitening BB Cream:
VOV Castledew Whitening BB Cream#2 Natural Skin Beige This whitening blemish balm cream has a 3 effect skin solution. It does not only whitens the skin, but has SPF15 to block UV rays, and helps regenerate the skin, suppressing dark spots, blemishes, and freckles. It is certified to be multi-functional by the Korean FDA.
Here are my swatches.... Sorry my face still looks like crap with BB Cream on soo you get the back of the hand!

SPF: SF Mushroom has SPF20, VOV Castledew Whitening has SPF15
COLOR: Both are in SHADE #2. The SF Mushroom suits my skin tone better, the VOV Castledew Whitening has more of a grayish tint to it, so I end up looking whiter.
CONSISTENCY & COVERAGE: "Both provide light coverage" The SF Mushroom is slighty thicker, so it provides slightly better coverage. The VOV Castledew Whitening is more "runnier" or thinner so it provides an even lighter coverage. Although it's runnier consistency makes it slightly easier & faster to blend.
SMELL: The SFM has an aloe smell that is not unpleasant to me, while the VOV Castledew Whitening had a more floral smell. Both disappear after a few minutes after application.
SHINE: With both BB Creams I had to blot a few times during the day. One wasn't worse then the other, they both provide slight-decent oil control depending on the weather.
ALL IN ALL: Both are fine to me. But again these are the only two I've tried. If I had to pick one, I would have to say the SKINFOOD MUSHROOM BB CREAM. Only because it matched my skin better, and was slightly thicker.
Well that's it!! Thanks for looking and I hope you didn't hurt your eyes too much!!!
On a side note I also noticed that they are obsessed with Cosmetic Surgery. Pretty much the entire back of the mags are dedicated to ads boasting cosmetic surgery for boobies, eyes, face, & legs! Those before & afters are soo dramatic.. It's like they have hooded eyes like mine in the before, then POOF double lid like the model whose look I TRIED to recreate. Operative word being tried!! LOL!! Honestly it came out looking like all the other blue EOTDs I've done, just lighter!
So here is the pic of inspiration. This came from the RAY magazine.

And here's my look!! Click on collage to view larger

USED:
MAC Prep&Prime Eye in Light
NYX e/s Nude
NYX e/s Pacific
MAC e/s Freshwater
MAC e/s Vanilla
EYEKO Magic Liquid Eyeliner w/ MAC e/s Freshwater
NYX Eyepencil in White
Maybelline Full-n-Soft Waterproof Mascara
On to the BB Creams!!! First off this is just my opinions. If you want in depth reviews on BB Creams I suggest you check out FUZKITTIE's blog. She does great comparison reviews!
The 2 BB Creams I own are, The Skinfood Mushroom BB Cream which I bought off Ebay, and VOV Castledew Whitening BB Cream that the beautiful Yasumi sent me!
Here is what Ebay pages say about the Skinfood Mushroom BB Cream:
Skinfood Mushroom BB Cream#2 Natural Beige Functions as a make-up and skin-care in one. Acts as a foundation that covers blemishes and evens out skin tone. BB Creams are known to increase skin regeneration. Has Whitening, Sun Protection and Anti-Ageing properties!
Here is what Ebay pages say about the VOV Castledew Whitening BB Cream:
VOV Castledew Whitening BB Cream#2 Natural Skin Beige This whitening blemish balm cream has a 3 effect skin solution. It does not only whitens the skin, but has SPF15 to block UV rays, and helps regenerate the skin, suppressing dark spots, blemishes, and freckles. It is certified to be multi-functional by the Korean FDA.
Here are my swatches.... Sorry my face still looks like crap with BB Cream on soo you get the back of the hand!

SPF: SF Mushroom has SPF20, VOV Castledew Whitening has SPF15
COLOR: Both are in SHADE #2. The SF Mushroom suits my skin tone better, the VOV Castledew Whitening has more of a grayish tint to it, so I end up looking whiter.
CONSISTENCY & COVERAGE: "Both provide light coverage" The SF Mushroom is slighty thicker, so it provides slightly better coverage. The VOV Castledew Whitening is more "runnier" or thinner so it provides an even lighter coverage. Although it's runnier consistency makes it slightly easier & faster to blend.
SMELL: The SFM has an aloe smell that is not unpleasant to me, while the VOV Castledew Whitening had a more floral smell. Both disappear after a few minutes after application.
SHINE: With both BB Creams I had to blot a few times during the day. One wasn't worse then the other, they both provide slight-decent oil control depending on the weather.
ALL IN ALL: Both are fine to me. But again these are the only two I've tried. If I had to pick one, I would have to say the SKINFOOD MUSHROOM BB CREAM. Only because it matched my skin better, and was slightly thicker.
Well that's it!! Thanks for looking and I hope you didn't hurt your eyes too much!!!
15 comments:
Hey Wuzzy! I love it when you do blue looks, I think blue suits you very well ^-^, it makes you're eye pop, not literally though LOL ^-^
Quick question: For the skinfood bb cream you did the review on, it's in #2 color which has pink tones..what color would you recommend me a NC25 the one with pink or yellow undertone? It's okay if you can't answer. Xpinkxx recommend I try skinfood bb cream but she didn't let me know which color to get.
Your review is short but to the point, you pretty much covered what everyone basically need to know if they're interested. How runny is the VOV bb cream though? I like to wear makeup that feels like I'm wearing nothing @ all.
i think you've recreated the look rather well! the model just has a lot of mascara on.
i'm considering jumping on the bb cream bandwagon. but just picking one to begin with seems so tiring.
thanks for the comparison review!
The VOV does look grey~ Love your blue look, hehe. You look really good with blue! Now you gotta try L'egere!!
Yay for your first Japanese magazines! You are right, they do like light makeup...hmm makes it hard for more pigmented girls like me to recreate their looks, lol, but you did a great job! I love the blue eye shadow on you!
And wowie, your first BB cream comparison! Isn't that Yasumi such a doll? Skin Food...I just love the name...I am a fat chick who loves food, dammit! =P
Thanks for the info on the blogger swap blog...but you know you never need a third party involvement if you want to swap with me! Silly girl. =) (Though of course, I did join, hehe.)
thanks for this review wuzzy. i didn't know skin food has a BB cream. will check that out :)
Excellent review!!!
Another SF Mushroom Fan -- i love using mine, and I got used to the Aloe smell =)
and I'm glad you're enjoy the mags and getting some usage out of them, so what's next lipo and a little saline for wuzzy???
i have yet to try bb creams :O
I love your FOTD blue is soooo good on you!!
Glad you got to cpmpare your BBs!! I have a mini tube of one of my cherished uns for you you to try out. I wonder how that will work for you!!
Wuzzy! That is a really hot look girl! I'm telling you I love the blues on you. I have not been able to figure out how they do their eyes in those mags. My eyefolds are just flappity so I haven't even tried. What color did you use closest to your lashline babes? I must know!! ;) And have you tried any of the creams with foundation on top? If I get one that's likely how I will end up using it to get good coverage. Hugs!
the blue is really pretty on you. i think the blue wasnt too much i liked it a lot
thank you!:) i hope so too..i don't know what to do :(
yay for new bb creams!
loving some blue!
fck both those creams... ima get u some l'egere.... watch..... lol
<3
I want to try the mushroom one, but L'egere is the sh*t!!!!!
thanks for the vov swatch! i've been curious about that one
Post a Comment