WUZZYANGEL'S ALOHA SALE

NEW ITEMS JUST ADDED 10/17/10!! New items beeing added again soon!
Check out my SALE

HERE!


CLOTHES, ACCESSORIES, MAKEUP, MU ACCESSORIES, FRAGRANCE, POLISH, MUFE
MAC, NYX, COACH, ROXY, AND MORE!! :)
NOW WITH MAC HK!!

Saturday, July 18, 2009

FOUND: My New HG Drugstore Moisturizer! REVIEW!

As many of you know, I've been on the hunt for a new moisturizer for my oily/combo skin. After trying many diff brands out, and a lot of you generously sending me samples of your faves, or moisturizers you think would work for me (THANK YOU TO ALL AGAIN!!) I think I've finally found a great affordable Moisturizer!

I always used to use the Clinique 3-Step set for my skin care which included the Dramatically Different Moisturizer. This worked great for me, but as my skin got oilier it would make me even more shiny. So I would use that just for night. Then Clinique came out with the Dramatically Different Moisturizing GEL which was oil free, and worked great!! So why did I stop using it you may ask? Well it was starting to get really pricey and even though it hydrated well without the added oiliness, it didn't have SPF, and I was tired of of having to deal with that extra step. Thus the hunt for a great affordable, OIL-FREE, drying alcohol free, moisturizer that included SPF started.

There is a great moisturizer out there that I found!! It was the BOSCIA Oil-Free Daily Hydration SPF!! You can see my review on it HERE. The only downside for me was the price. $27 for 1.0 oz. I wanna say THANK YOU AGAIN to Mayaari for gifting me one for my Bday! After she heard my story about raiding Sephora for samples I guess she felt for me! LOL!! Full story on that is in my review too! LOL! So with that being said, I kept on looking at what the drugstores had to offer.

Well I FOUND ONE!!! :D And here it is... Drumroll please!! BRRRAAAADDDDUUMMMM.....

BIORE SKIN PRESERVATION LINE DUAL FUSION MOISTURIZER w/SPF 30!!
pic taken from biore.com
Here's what Biore.com says about it:

Double benefit, exclusive formula.

Dual Fusion™ Moisturizer gives you exactly what you want: a nourishing moisturizer in one chamber and sun protection in the other. Together, they strengthen & defend your skin without ever making it feel greasy.

Why 2 chambers?

By keeping the moisturizer separate from sunscreen, the unique Dual Fusion™ moisturizer dispenser preserves the power of each formula. That means maximum effectiveness and protection for you.

The sunscreen has a powerful zinc oxide base – and yet isn't heavy and white like traditional zinc oxide. The product feels light on your skin as it offers superb UVA and UVB protection.

  • Botanamide™ Technology
  • Oil Free
  • Non-comedogenic (won't clog pores)
  • Dermatologist tested
  • Hypo-allergenic
  • 100% PABA free
pic taken from Biore.com

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS:

Zinc oxide 3.9%, octinoxate 3.0%.

INACTIVE INGREDIENTS:

Water, cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone, glycerin, isohexadecane, aluminum starch octenylsuccinate, butylene glycol, phenyl trimethicone, cetyl-pg hydroxyethyl palmitamide, camellia sinensis leaf extract, nymphaea coerulea flower extract, melissa officinalis leaf extract, hordeum distichon (barley) extract, disodium rutinyl disulfate, PEG-3 dimethicone, polyacrylamide, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, C13-14 isoparaffin, sodium stearoxy PG-hydroxyethylcellulose sulfonate, dimethicone/methicone copolymer, laureth-7, propylene glycol, iron oxides, disodium EDTA, 1,2-hexanediol, caprylyl glycol, iodopropynyl butylcarbamate, tropolone, fragrance, Green 5, Yellow 5, Green 3.

This moisturizer is great!! So great that I have no CONS to write about! It's a dual pump so it comes out green & white as shown, and you mix it together in your hands. I only need about 2 pumps for my entire face & neck. What I love about the dual pump too is that if you want more sunscreen protection just pump a little more of the sunscreen side into your palm, and vice versa if you want more hydration.

It's non greasy, and even though it doesn't tout oil control, I notice it does keep the oilies at bay. Not as much as the BOSCIA does, but like I said it never claimed to in the first place! :) Also it's very lightweight, and has a pleasant "refreshing" smell. I've been using it for a little over 3 weeks now and it hasn't broke me out yet! It absorbs nicely into the skin, and works well under my BB Cream.

It has everything I was looking for!! Affordable price: got mine at Target for $15.99 AND I had a $3.00 coupon so even better!! It's OIL-FREE, has no drying alcohols, and SPF 30!! I think this is going to be my HG Drugstore Moisturizer for a long time!!

:)

22 comments:

Unknown said...

Great review! I'm always looking for a good moisturizer especially something inexpensive for my combination skin. This sounds like an awesome product. I might have to give this a try once I'm all out of my Clinique. ;)

izumi said...

oooo sounds very promising :D

fuzkittie said...

Nice review Wuz!! I'm glad you found a great HG moisturizer!!

Chrissy said...

Wow, nice find!! I wish I could give this a shot.

Linda said...

I have oily skin too and am looking for my HG moisturizer. This sounds sooo good. Dang you! I might have to pick it up.

kawaiikao said...

oooh you lucky gal!! i tried a couple of biore products and they broke me out boo hoo. but lucky you!

Unknown said...

hmmmm, i might just have to try that!! :)

Stephanie said...

Now I wanna go pick it up :D
I'm still searching for mine !

~Mel said...

ooh great review! i may need to check it out in the store.. still loving my say yes to carrots moisturizer.. tee hee

alienman said...

good to know. i might give this a try after i'm done with cerave

have you tried cerave btw??

i think it's pretty decent

Whitney & the full effect said...

WOO HOO!!! FINALLY! Congrats Wuz!! haha

I know it's a lot cheaper- but can you believe how expensive drugstore cosmetics have gotten? Damnn...

I almost sent you a full-sized medi-matte- thank god I didn't cuz you didn't liek it right?

Anonymous said...

haha well yeah, i didn't pay for it coz i initially backed out and they did too coz the bleeding just won't stop..i'm not really a bleeder..but i dunno,maybe God just wanted to freak them out so i bled for a long time..hahaha so yeah..
good thing my sis had a lot of neomycin gel stuff on her first aid kit at home..and yeah, i did put a lot..but the finger with the bandage is still sore and pretty much not healed coz it lost the most skin..not obvious in the photo but in real life its still gross hahaha

Aradani said...

!!!! what an amazing find!!! i must go out and buy this! spf 30 too?? that's pretty much unheard of for a drugstore item! yaayyy thanks for sharing this little treasure. I can't wait to try it.

Iyah Love said...

COngratulations on finding your HG!! I get so excited too whenever I find an HG product for me. I know a product is an HG material if I buy a 2nd one like my Benefit moisturizer! ahahaha! Its my 2nd jar and I'm ready for my 3rd! lol! :P

justltee said...

This moisturizer sounds great!

Anonymous said...

yay! i'm glad your hunt is over! & i may just need to check this out ;)

A. Rose said...

this was the answer to my day-time moisturizing woes as well. great review! :D

Bijin Blair said...

This sounds great! I wonder if it's available in Malaysia?

Angela Pluck said...

Holy crap great review!!!! I really want to try it now! LOL! Hmmm...maybe i'll go right now....Thank you so much for this review. I also looove how it has spf 30!!!!!

Tammy said...

My skin didn't like this too much..I wanted to though. =(
I'm glad it works for you though.

Roxy said...

yay for finding HG items! esp if they're drugstore! i should try this once i run out of my clinique too! haha and i'll never forget when we went to sephora & u filled up ur little sample jar! lmao

mayaari said...

I'm glad you finally found your HG moisturizer :) I might have to try this one out when I use up my tube of Boscia - the price tag is steep, but if the Biore one works just as well, that would be great :)

Visiting From: