WUZZYANGEL'S ALOHA SALE

NEW ITEMS JUST ADDED 10/17/10!! New items beeing added again soon!
Check out my SALE

HERE!


CLOTHES, ACCESSORIES, MAKEUP, MU ACCESSORIES, FRAGRANCE, POLISH, MUFE
MAC, NYX, COACH, ROXY, AND MORE!! :)
NOW WITH MAC HK!!

Friday, June 12, 2009

Lots Of Blogga Love Pt.2 & Review: Yes To Carrots C-Through The Dry Spell Body Butter

So this is a continuation of the Blogga Love I rcv'd last week! You guys spoil me so!

The ever strong & beautiful Mai, sent me a little something for participating in her MardiGrasMask contest a while back. Along with some generous love! She sent 3 gorgeous MAC piggie samples in Milk, Fucsia, & a Reflects Glitter, a cute green Mardi Gras Mask bead necklace, Chanel samples, another little sample jar of the pore smoother I liked from MPPB, choco lip bam, aaaaannnnd......
click to enlarge

A MAC HK Tote Bag! :) Back in Feb I was bummed when I did my MAJOR MAC HK haul and didn't know about the bags. Mai being the generous soul she is, said she had an extra one lying around, and that she'd send it to me!! THANK YOU SOO MUCH MAI!! You are truly one that inspires me with your courage, strength, love, and beauty!

The last, but not the least, love that came in for me, was from my very own "Popolo" Kendall! She said she wanted to send me a "little" thank you for gifting her with some Hurricane Popcorn. Little my ass! But how cute are the pics she had before the addresses?! Hawaii HK!
click to enlarge

She sent me some gorgeous postcards of NY! Even though she's in Connecticut! LOL! And cute HK band-aids, clear gloss, ultra cute nail files, China Glaze polish in Jetstream, & Monkey stickers for scrapbooking! :)
click to enlarge

And what would some blogga love be without candies?! YUM! The BF sniped the gum right after I finished taking the pic! LOL! And eyeshadow for work & play! THANK YOU SO MUCH KENDALL!!
click to enlarge

One day I believe you will build that magic raft, and float on down to the islands! ;)



REVIEW: Yes To Carrots C Through The Dry Spell Body Butter
pic taken from yestocarrots.com

Even though I have Oily/Combo skin on my face, the skin on my body tends to be really dry. So I picked this up last Sunday since it was on sale at Target for $11.99, reg price is $13.99 I think. This body butter moisturizes great! It made my skin feel so soft & hydrated! There are some downsides though, it's got a greasy feel to it until it completely absorbs in, and the smell is kinda off to me, but you get used to it. The BF is even using this on his arm, since he's getting a sleeve tattoo done in sessions.

Here's what YESTOCARROTS.COM says:
C Through the Dry Spell Deliciously Rich Body Butter
250ml - 8.45 fl.oz

Suffering from very dry skin and just don't know how to keep it nourished? You will jump up and down with joy once you try C Through the Dry Spell Deliciously Rich Body Butter.
C Through the Dry Spell is an amazing revitalizing body treatment for very dry skin, with an immediate and long lasting moisturizing effect.

Key Ingredients:
Shea Butter, rich in vitamins A and E, improves skin softness and suppleness which makes it ideal for dry or sensitive skin care.
Ingredients List:
Water (Aqua), Dead Sea Water (Maris Aqua), Caprylic / Capric Triglyceride, Glyceryl Stearate, Algae Extracts (Rhodella, Dunaliella , Spirulina), Daucus Carota (Carrot) Juice, Daucus Carota (Carrot) Seed Oil, Cucurbita Pepo (Pumpkin) Juice, Silt (Maris Limus), Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Butter, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Cucumis Melo (Melon) Juice, Ipomoera Batatas (Sweet Potato) Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Juice, Fragrance (Parfum), Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Niacin, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Peel Extract.

PROS:
  • Great price, even better when on sale! ;)
  • Moisturizes really well! My skin feels soo soft after it absorbs in, and the next morning too!
  • Good size for the $. It's quite a large tub!
  • Paraben Free
  • All NATURAL from what I could see in the ingredient list

CONS:

  • Slight greasy feel until product is completely absorbed
  • Scent is a little off to me. Though the BF & his mom both don't have a prob with it. So maybe it's just me! LOL! It's almost like a powdery scent but not quite. You get used to it after a while though. In the beginning I would just lightly spray on some body spray after applying the body butter.
  • Tub could be considered unsanitary. I just use a MU Spatula or a small clean spoon to scoop out the product.

Overall I would def purchase this product again. It really does moisturize well, and that's what you buy it for! LOL!

16 comments:

K said...

Ooooh hurray for blogger love!!!

I read another review on this moisturizer somewhere else. Glad to hear you (mostly) liked it!! I know what you mean about powdery smells!!

izumi said...

mmmm i gotta try the yes to carrots. i like the yes to tomatoes though :D

oooooo blogga love packages.. how funn! man i haven't sent mine out.. you'll just hafta get a late bday present. which means.. more time to pack! HEHEHE.

KRYSTAL said...

wow look at all those goodies, =]


and thanks for that product review! i think i wanna try it, i like the ingredients i see in the product! so natural!

Aradani said...

ooo what lovely goodies!
I've always wondered about the Yes to Carrots line. I've tried a line called 40 Carrots and that one is pretty amazing. It has this face moisturizer with mango and it smelled so delicious that I wanted to taste it lol.

Stephanie said...

Mai is super sweet. I have a sample of Milk too! It's really pretty, probably my favorite shade of light violet. I have the a sticker of the HK and the dolphin!! LOL

Small HK world!!

Iyah Love said...

Oh Girl!!! Thats lots of goodiesss!! :) You deserve them all.. they're so cute! I love all the blogger girls, theyre just too generous - including you! :D

Yumeko said...

ooh mai is a sweetie!!

oh and i got a sample of these Carrots stuff
definetely going to try it out now that u reviewed it!

thanks sweetie

FuN and MakeUp said...

you and i def doing a swap one of these days wen i get a job.. hopefully its soon.. i want some hawaiii products n cute goodies! heheh xoxo

Shizznizzle said...

talking 'bout ladies love!!! we're more generous than guys mwahahahah everything look nice, enjoy Wuzzy...you know you deserve it =)

I miss Hawaii x(

Jamilla Camel said...

I've heard all kinds of good stuff about Yes to Carrots--thanks for the review..must try some out on my croco-bod!

Vanessa M. said...

awe such lovely gifts!! i heard someone bday is coming up soon!!
hmm i might like that wellmaybe a little one to try out tho.
when you said it had a smell i thought it smelled like carrots lol

Anonymous said...

wow! lovely packages! so sweet of them to send you everything :)

Anonymous said...

wow lots of goodies! haha i swear everyone is getting/buying stuff (i'm finally trying to catch up on commenting/reading blogs) haha it's not helping me here trying to save money & all lol

thanks for the review! & you got some gooood stuff here

fuzkittie said...

YES!!!! To them carrots!! hahaha, sounds like a good product, dunno if I like powdery scent tho.

~Mel said...

hehe.. awesome review! i may save the body butter then for winter time.. woo hoo!

Mona said...

thanks for the review. been hearing all sorts of buzz on this prod

checkout all the LOVE

Visiting From: