WUZZYANGEL'S ALOHA SALE

NEW ITEMS JUST ADDED 10/17/10!! New items beeing added again soon!
Check out my SALE

HERE!


CLOTHES, ACCESSORIES, MAKEUP, MU ACCESSORIES, FRAGRANCE, POLISH, MUFE
MAC, NYX, COACH, ROXY, AND MORE!! :)
NOW WITH MAC HK!!

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Napa Trip Day 2

For our second day we did a shuttle tour of the lower Sonoma Carneros area. The Careneros region of Napa/Sonoma are know more for their pinot noir & chardonnay grapes. We visited 4 different wineries, all included tastings, a yummy deli sandwich lunch, and even better we didn't have to drive! They picked us up at our hotel, drove us around all day, and took us back at the end of the day! :)
What I love about these wineries & vineyards are that they're all family owned and passed down from generation to generation!
The first winery we visited was ROCHE (http://www.rochewinery.com). This place was gorgeous!! It was nippy out so we quickly bundled into the tasting room. We tasted quite a few of their wines, as well as some barrel tastings! I learned a lot about wine & wine tasting here at ROCHE from Maura, whose family owns the winery! They don't sell their wines in store, and are only in a few restaurants. You can only purchase their wine from the tasting room, or through the wine club. We ended up picking up a bottle of their 2003 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon Silver Medal winning wine for 'cheese', & their 2007 Late Harvest Chardonnay for me!
'cheese' has a taste for Cabernet Sauvignon, & I like dessert wines.
Here's us at ROCHE, atop the hill. I didn't get too many pics here even though it was breathtaking. Why you ask? It was damn COLD!
click to enlarge

Next we went to CLINE CELLARS (
http://www.clinecellars.com/). Their known for their ponds, but as it had been raining, they were in the middle of draining and cleaning them out. They also have a house that holds all the original 21 California Mission Models from the 1939 World's Fair.
This is also where we had lunch. Since it had started to rain while we were there, we didn't get to walk around too much. It was still pretty though!
click to enlarge

Right across the way is the JACUZZI FAMILY VINEYARDS & OLIVE PRESS (
http://www.jacuzziwines.com/)! Yup, you heard right!! Jacuzzi!! As in the hot tub peeps! They make wine too!! LOL!! And another tidbit... they're related to CLINE! Cousins in real life!! The founding families!
This place was beyond gorgeous!! OMG!! It would be the perfect place to get married!! I swear their barrel reception room is gorgeous with stained glass windows, & they have a big courtyard, & a fountain!! All of this is in the back and overlooks the vineyards! Click on the link I gave you and look at the photo gallery! GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!
click to enlarge

LOL! Someone had put sunglasses on Poseidon on the fountain! They also have an Olive Pressing Room in the winery, so they can produce oils as well! Instead of wine tasting, 'cheese' & I opted for the Olive Oil Tasting. Mmmmmmm!! 'cheese' even ended up buying a bottle of Blood Orange Infused Olive Oil for home!
click to enlarge

Our last winery was MADONNA ESTATES (
http://www.madonnaestate.com/). Read up on their history, it's a great story! They're a smaller winery, they still do a lot of bottling by hand! 'cheese' bought a bottle of their 2004 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve & I got a bottle of the 2007 Muscat Canelli!
These yellow flowers you see are actually mustard!! They grow everywhere in Napa/Sonoma!! On the side of the roads, in between the vines, they're even fields of it!! At first we thought it was a weed or wildflower, but apparently mustard flowers are the ultimate fertilizer for vineyards!! And Napa is even know for it's mustard, which is a higher grade then Dijon!
click to enlarge
Well that's Day 2!! I think I'm gonna have to break Day 3 up into 2 parts, cuz we went to a bunch of wineries that day!! Until the next installment!!
:)

17 comments:

Jamilla Camel said...

What a wonderful trip! So romantic! Jamal and I love Napa and Sonoma too--you and cheese remind me of us!

Can't wait for more!

~Mel said...

aww.. the photos look gorgeous! man.. i really cant' wait to head there.. so ready for a vaca as well. =D

L said...

"piranas in water" (O_o)

looks like u had a blast wuz, im lovin the pictures and readin about u gettin' crunk on that wine. LOL can u believe as much as i am cali i aint eva been to one? its cuz my arse cant drink! LOL

sanniet said...

wow! beautiful pictures! I liked the one with the two donkey's hehe...mmm wine...That's so great though! wine tasting and don't have to drive hehe! Were you guys able to bring the wine and olive oil onto the plane?

FuN and MakeUp said...

wow lucky!! i wanna go napa toooO!!! its beautiful!

fuzkittie said...

I wanna go to Napa sooo badly. I'd be drunk the entire time, hahahaaha

Kimberly said...

Wow -- NAPA is GORGEOUS
I'm sure your photos didn't do it all of it's justice and beauty right??

that's def. on my bucket list, wine tasting in napa, and hob nobbing in the Hamptons... "SIGH"

till then I live vicariously thru you and le chez'

paperdollrevenge said...

I fear it in myself, definitely! That's why I put so much time and effort into doing something...but damn I wish I was faster!! I would have tagged/awarded you but you've got a week's worth of posts lined up already!

hehe so many people want to get married in Hawaii, and here you like Napa Valley! Your second day sounds amazing and like it made up for the hassle to get there! I think you and Cheese really picked a perfect place to go to for your trip, and the tour sounds great and photos are beautiful!

Yup...only hung over twice ever! I always drink lots of water after a night out...or if I'm too drunk to think about it, someone else hands me a bottle of water, lol. I am a good drunk. =P jk

I don't like the taste of wine...strong, good wine makes my nose feel all tickled and bubbly for some reason. I think I need a trip to Napa Valley to learn to appreciate wine!

Iyah Love said...

Ive never been to Napa.. looks like a very beautiful place to go to! Looks like you had a lot of fun! yay!

Mona said...

2003 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon Silver Medal sounds like a winner! you make me crave wine and cheese at 12:34am, my fridge is empty and no wine in this apt lol

Shizznizzle said...

Napa sounds wonderful, and look at those old buildings, look so pretty..very Victorian =)

Anonymous said...

i had one wine that i liked. only one.
no make that two.
unless one was champagne. lol

but it was a dessert wine too :P idk the name tho. don't know much about wine.
but wow look at the scenery!

Unknown said...

I am a common peasant.....I cannot do the whole tasting thing because I gulp it down and that is not what one is to do! *( > _ < )*

I love this post! You and Cheese look so HAPPY!! Welcome back....I missed you xx

Tammy said...

Gorgeous views!!!
I would have a MAJOR headache after the first winery..lol..

Dirt On The Rocks said...

the place looks absolutely gorgeous. im jealous i wish i could take a trip with my hubby somewhere like that. it would be such a dream to just relax. :)

Anonymous said...

oops idk what my name saved under, but haha that was my comment above haha

kawaiikao said...

napa is definitely gorgeous! glad you're back safely and looks like a great vacation :]

Visiting From: