Day 4 consisted of a train ride, a spontaneous winery visit, a failed shopping excursion, & the BEST MEAL I'VE EVER EATEN IN MY LIFE!!
So we started that morning out on the NAPA VALLEY WINE TRAIN (http://winetrain.com/) We had reservations for the Gourmet Lunch Car. Which includes lunch, we were second seating. That meant we had appetizers in the Lounge car first, then lunch in the Gourmet Dining Car. It was superb food. No this wasn't the best meal of my life part, but it did come close! The food was sooo good!!
'cheese' had the Baby Lettuce Salad, Roasted Beef Tender loin, & I had the Cream of Garbanzo Soup, Roasted Polenta & Eggplant Wellington, and we both had the Chocolate Mousse for dessert. Check out the site for the dish details. MMMMmmmmmm!!! They do Lunch & Dinner as well as special events! If you ever go to Napa I highly suggest doing this! The train ride lasts about 3 hrs and takes you up from Downtown Napa all the way up to St. Helena and back down! Gorgeous views!!
So we started that morning out on the NAPA VALLEY WINE TRAIN (http://winetrain.com/) We had reservations for the Gourmet Lunch Car. Which includes lunch, we were second seating. That meant we had appetizers in the Lounge car first, then lunch in the Gourmet Dining Car. It was superb food. No this wasn't the best meal of my life part, but it did come close! The food was sooo good!!
'cheese' had the Baby Lettuce Salad, Roasted Beef Tender loin, & I had the Cream of Garbanzo Soup, Roasted Polenta & Eggplant Wellington, and we both had the Chocolate Mousse for dessert. Check out the site for the dish details. MMMMmmmmmm!!! They do Lunch & Dinner as well as special events! If you ever go to Napa I highly suggest doing this! The train ride lasts about 3 hrs and takes you up from Downtown Napa all the way up to St. Helena and back down! Gorgeous views!!
click to enlarge

After the wine train we still had some time before we had to head back to the hotel to get ready for dinner, so we decided to stop by DOMAINE CHANDON (http://www.chandon.com/) which is know for their sparkling wines. We just missed the last tour, so 'cheese' and I just walked around the beautiful grounds!
They have a faux mushroom field made out of stone which is something they're know for, a gorgeous little pond w/ bridge and everything was so peaceful and pretty. This would be another great place to get married!! Inside they have a wall that's made up entirely of empty wine bottles!

After the wine train we still had some time before we had to head back to the hotel to get ready for dinner, so we decided to stop by DOMAINE CHANDON (http://www.chandon.com/) which is know for their sparkling wines. We just missed the last tour, so 'cheese' and I just walked around the beautiful grounds!
They have a faux mushroom field made out of stone which is something they're know for, a gorgeous little pond w/ bridge and everything was so peaceful and pretty. This would be another great place to get married!! Inside they have a wall that's made up entirely of empty wine bottles!
click to enlarge

On the way back to the hotel 'cheese' wanted to stop by the Napa Valley Premium Outlets to pick up a new pair of BOSE headphones, and what did I find?! For those of you who follow my Twitter you know!! The only disappointing thing is that their selection was scrawny at that time, so I walked out empty handed. Oh well... at least now I can say I went to one!! LOL!!

On the way back to the hotel 'cheese' wanted to stop by the Napa Valley Premium Outlets to pick up a new pair of BOSE headphones, and what did I find?! For those of you who follow my Twitter you know!! The only disappointing thing is that their selection was scrawny at that time, so I walked out empty handed. Oh well... at least now I can say I went to one!! LOL!!

Now we come to the BEST MEAL OF MY LIFE!! 'cheese' had made us reservations at Thomas Keller's BOUCHON (http://www.bouchonbistro.com/)! This was his second choice, originally he wanted to go to Thomas Keller's French Laundry, which has been touted as the US's best restaurant. But of course you need to make reservations like 3 months in advance! Needless to say we didn't get in! But BOUCHON was soooooo good!! I could've died after eating that nite and been happy!
Day 5 DAY WITH CHIARA!!!! :)
So for our last full day we drove up to Davis to meet up with Chiara since we couldn't meet up the first day. That girl is one of the sweetest ever!! She made reservations for us at CIOCOLAT (http://www.ciocolat.com/) for high tea! The food was soo good there! And I swear I've never had fresher berries! Didn't take any pics though I know she did!
Also Davis had there weekly farmer's market going on, so 'cheese' & I scoped that out. We don't have things like that down home, so it was a great experience for us!! She also walked us around downtown, and around UC Davis campus, which has this incredible creek running along it! This place was soo pretty and clean!! We had soo much fun hanging out with Chiara!
She was also so sweet and bought me gifties!!! :)

Strawberry Meltyblends (gone!), Chocolife chocolate, Cho-Pan Lemon (gone!), Pocky Dessert (you know that's gone!), The Face Shop Travel Set, Essential Shampoo & Conditioner Travel Set, Naris Eggpeel Mask, Laneige Strawberry Yogurt Peeling Gel sample (I love this!), Face Shop Brightening Rice Water Cleansing Foam sample, and Face Shop BB Cream Samples!! Isn't she soo generous!!
Strawberry Meltyblends (gone!), Chocolife chocolate, Cho-Pan Lemon (gone!), Pocky Dessert (you know that's gone!), The Face Shop Travel Set, Essential Shampoo & Conditioner Travel Set, Naris Eggpeel Mask, Laneige Strawberry Yogurt Peeling Gel sample (I love this!), Face Shop Brightening Rice Water Cleansing Foam sample, and Face Shop BB Cream Samples!! Isn't she soo generous!!
But that's not all!! GASP! She also got me my very first issue of the BEAUTY BIBLE!!! Yes I am now a proud owner of an issue of Queen magazine!! THANK YOU GIRL!! I LOVE IT!! I only wish I could read & understand it! LOL! But the pics are great inspiration!! :D

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU CHIARA for taking time out of your weekend to hang with us!! I know you're a busy woman, so thank you!! We had soo much fun, and learned a lot of new things!!
'cheese' & Me waiting to go home! It was a great trip!!! :)
GO NAPA/SONOMA PEOPLE!! It's sooo worth it!! :)

10 comments:
yayy looks like you had so much fun! that sucks that CCO didn't have anything! =[ you need to go to the one in vegas! it's so tiny i would have totally missed it if i never knew about it but they had SO many good things! i think that's probably why they do LOOL
puahahah i like how he went to look for bose headphones and the CCO magically appears :P thats a huge CCO btw, too bad the stock was blegh.
*GASP! points at food porn* DROOOOOLLLL you're so lucky, my stomach is jealous. that meal looks freaking fantabulous
Chiara is way cute! woman, how tall are you!? you look super tall!
Where's the Asian and Pacific Islander Queers picture?! Hahah I notice that it was missing :P
Wuz I miss you already come back now! It was soo nice to hang out with you <3 <3
i see meltyblend! yum!! too bad for the cco...i went to the one in san diego and didn't come out with anything either :[
i just spent 1 hr catching up on ur napa posts! omg omg the photos are all so fabulous, i wished i got to go
i am sooo soo big on wineries!! and CHANDON!!! omggggg...i have only been to their australian counterpart T-T
too bad abt the cco but least u got to visit one
yeah HUGE CCO! haha.. man all the food porn looks soooo goood!!!! can't wait to go there.. glad you had so much fun! =)
Girl "EFF THAT KONAD" lmaol.....
omg MELTY BLEND... i go gah gah for meltyblend... mmmmmm
i love your killer kawaii haul from chiara (tongue twister)
aww boo to the out of stock cco :(
we have one here in san diego, if there's anything you're looking for let me know & maybe i can find it :D
anyway, looks like a GREAT trip! i'm glad you had a wonderful time, next stop san diego?
mannnn wuzzy, I wish you could've came down to SoCal so we can show you how it's done in Cali. ;)
I love your scenic [is that a word?] pictures! Coming from a Cali resident, I wanna go to Napa, it looks like a beautiful place to be. [:
The food looks deliciousssssssss!! *drools* Overall the trip looks so nice and relaxing! And how fun to meet up with Ciara, and isn't she just a sweetie to surprise you with all of those goodies like that? Yay for your first beauty bible too!
Now I'm hungry.....grrr, it's your fault! =P
Post a Comment