Dang... theChas got me! Here we go, beauty secrets (if you wanna call them that?):
Foundation: Mineral Foundation! I could never go back to liquid, EVER! Right now I'm testing out my Silk Naturals sample. So far so good. The only downfall is that getting my ratio mix was hard to figure out. It's been about 2 weeks on that. After couple months go by I'm gonna switch over and test out my EM samples. Before this experimental time, I had used Sheer Cover for about 4-5 yrs.
Mascara: Most of my mascaras have been Clinique sample ones. And they ALL were great! But right now I've been using Maybelline Define-A-Lash. I really like this one, hardly any clumping! I used to really like the Fiberwig because I have like non-existent lashes, but it got too complicated and too expensive.
Blush: NARS Orgasm Blush is one of my faves! It really goes well with my coloring and any other colors that go on my face! LOL! I also really like Clinique's Aglow blush. It's very soft and natural looking. If I feel like less shimmer I use some old BE Cheek color in Glee.
Eyeshadow: Only just recently, I'd say the past year or so, have I really gotten into brighter colored eye shadows. Before it was all Clinique Bonus sample stuff. Now I tend to buy more MAC stuff. But I've been branching out of MAC & Clinique, to other brands. I attribute my finding of ABB and wonderful blogs by beautiful women such as you people reading this, to that.
Sorry girls... No clown makeup for me just yet!
Day Cream: I don't know about day cream, but for moisturizer, Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel is the HG of my life! It moisturizes w/o being greasy, and it's sooo light and refreshing!
Lipstick: I've never really been into lippies. Mostly cuz there's always something in my mouth (take your minds out of the gutters ladies!), I'm always eating or drinking, so yeah lippies never really meant much to me. All my lipsticks and glosses used to be *gasp* yet again, Clinique Bonus stuff. But now I have a couple MAC lipsticks and a MAC Gloss. MAC fafi in Strawbaby is my fave everyday color! It goes well with anything! Other then that I cannot live without Chapstick or lip balm! I slather that crap on all the time! I have an addiction....
Beauty Product Brand: Right now for higher end stuff it's MAC. Cheaper stuff it's NYX, or whatever is recommend by you beautiful ladies!
Essential Beauty Product: Concealer! I need concealer! Do not leave home w/o it on! At the very least I ALWAYS have concealer and powder on. I don't really have a main brand, I just tend to use what works at the moment. It's a continuing search.
Favorite Beauty Product: Right now it's my Shu Uemura eyelash curler. That sucker curls my straight, stubborn as nails, lashes just right!
Perfume: I tend to do well with citrusy scents. My all time I KNOW I smell good in, is anything from the Clinique Happy line. Aaahh.... If I want something more dramatic I use Ja'dore. But for everyday and work, I use Victoria Secrets Lotions and Body Sprays, or the Bath and Body stuff. Cuz it's lighter and it lotions at the same time!
Nails: Don't get my nails done too much, I also like to keep my nails pretty short. I do too much work with my hands, so manicures never last. I tend to like darker colors though (eg. black, dark blue, purple), but if it has to be dressy then I go for French Tips. My tips are pretty white naturally so as long as I just keep my nails clean, I'm okay.
Feet: My feet are in DIRE need of a pedi right now. For some reason I can never to my feet right.
Hands: I love the L'Occitane 20% Shea Butter Hand Creme. That stuff works wonders!
Three Products to Bring on a Deserted Island: Beauty products right? Not essentials like food, water, TP? Okay let's see.... Concealer! Lip Balm! Soap!
Woman I Adore for Her Beauty: Too many to chose from.
Woman With the Best Sense of Style: Once again too many to chose from. I'm very eclectic.
My Ultimate Dream (but I do not believe in selling my soul to the devil for it): I don't have one.. Strange I know, but really... I don't.
How Do I Define Womanhood: This is a really hard question. I can't really generalize the term "womanhood". Every woman is different, and that's what makes people special, the fact that each of us is unique with our own sense of styles, and our own little quirks. I can't fully commit and answer this question. Sorry....
My Favorite Fashion Publication: Internet Blogs, and just whatever catches my eye....
Okay I'm gonna be nice and not tag anyone. Besides I think most of you have done it already! So thanks for reading this extremely long post and I hope this didn't give away to much insight into me... cuz that would be scary! hehe.....
12 comments:
Yay for Orgasm! And the Shu curler. A lot of people have been raving about the Shiseido one, but the Shu one works fine for me, so I think I'm going to use it till it dies and then maybe check out the Shiseido one to see.
Also, I think I would love mineral makeup, but it's such a pain in the ass for me to get it online, and then mix it and try and find my perfect shade. I'm pretty white so it's already difficult enough for me already. I guess that's why I stick to products that I can actually see and touch before I buy it.
Chapstick is seriously addictive, yo.
I am so with you on the first one, LIQUID NEVER AGAIN! My face feels so much more 'fresher' is that the best word to describe mmu? Also I am a bit disappointed at my SN sample kit :/ Like you mentioned the mixing is a pain in the ass. I kinda don't like the coverage *shrugs* Idk I don't look as glowy as EM makes me look. I look like a plain slice of bread. Ok I have no idea how else to describe it ;_; lol
Ahaha about clown makeup!
I actually planned on getting some stuff from Michaels some time this week to decorate it. Great cat owners think alike!!! ;)
i love Nars' Orgasm. i have it in the cream version, too (The Multiple). girl, i even have the lip gloss!! (how's that for obsessed.)
fake lashes, girl. give up the curler and mascara and just use falsies! *winks long drag-queen lashes*
what?! no clown makeup yet?!
do you like the silk naturals makeup? i want to try it but right now i'm using bare minerals? does the silk naturals give you pretty good coverage? i find that the bare minerals gives me medium coverage. i have little samples from the everyday minerals. i just got them. have you ordered them? it's a free sample kit. i think you just pay for shipping and that's it! you pick out some colors for your face and blush. they're tiny but it's good to test out what you might buy!
lol @ "My Favorite Fashion Publication: Internet Blogs" xP
Bella's Catster
Hey, are you fully recovered from the hives? Man, that sounded real sucky.
Haha, Tomo and Bella sound SO MUCH alike.. or am I imagining it? The other day, I was at a friend's house and her cat Henry is a TOTAL slut OMG he just comes over and DRAPES himself ALL over you like a corpse. I was able to pick him up and just put him anywhere and just cuddle w/him like he was a rag doll - he was all limp. In comparison, Bella is like... so hard to get near T_T Your Tomo seems cuddly, too. Bella is never sandwich-close T_T
Shoutoutz to our brown tabbies :D
your post makes me really glad that I bought the Shu curler. I've always wanted the Shiseido one but the promo was too good to pass up. I've never tried any mmu besides SN, so I have no idea if I should switch. I'm rather lazy to try and find my shade on EM. I should get around to that though. but my skin color changes so much that SN seemed like the perfect solution. meh. I WANT NARS BLUSHES.
lol i have a new clinique blush in mysterious mocha and i love it. yay for clinique
ooooo.... secrets! :)
You're so keen, wuzzy. I edited by blog spot post just for you with my inspiration photo of me in afro puffs!! ^ . ^
hey yoooooooz! i know its been a minute since i've commented... boo on me! >:P but thank u for stopping by as frequent as you do, me likey when u visit!
i do have a myspace page silly, it's:
myspace.com/ladyl
word!
hopefully i'll be in hawaii late june. do you have an extra room? any info on cheap hotels? i won't be able to stay with my hubby on base cuz everything is booked... considering that, i might not be able to go.
I love mineral foundations too! doesn't it feel like such a relief to apply it since its just so easy? lol when I used to wear liquid I felt so made up, partly cause it was so heavy and partly cause it took so long T_T
Awww np, we'll wait patiently *hugs* You're too sweet to my baby, when I die I want you to watch after him hehe :) USPS has the worse tracking updates >_<;
Post a Comment