Once again if there is anyone actually reading this... well THANK YOU for not giving up on this poor comatose blog of mine. Few updates as we usher in the new year.
1. Met up with the most gorgeous (inside AND out) Jamilla right before the New Years. She is a delight! Exactly how she is online. Smart, gorgeous, funny, generous, and such a genuinely GOOD person. Met her & her equally wonderful husband for a lunch. Unfortunately she was sick during her stay down here, so we could only have that quick lunch. :( Next time for sure though we'll have a proper outing!
Kat from Mai-Kat Oshaberi also joined us. Too funny how we've never met even online, though we only live abt 5min away from each other! We also share a love for Johnny's! She was a delight to meet & in the future I hope to have more great encounters. LOL Kay & Yumeko can vouch for how excited & obsessed I can get with the fangirling!
Check out there posts on the meet up:
That was the highlight of the last month or so. On to the not so great....
2. Getting laid off. Yes AGAIN. But I hope to find another job soon. My last day of work is sometime in Feb. We haven't been given an exact date yet.
3. Mummy is sick again. Most of you already know that she is a breast cancer survivor, but back in 2010 she found out she had ovarian cancer, as well as having an accident that required some major surgery. (All stated in earlier posts) Well this past year the ovarian cancer came back, and she went on a experimental drug therapy. It was doing well in killing the cancer, but it also seemed to be killing her body in the process. So they recently lowered the dosage. But the sad thing is with the lower dosage, it wasn't as effective. They've found out that the cancer has come back aggressively. So she now has to undergo chemotherapy for 5 weeks. EVERYDAY for 5 weeks. I'm just scared that her body already weak from the clinical study, won't be able to handle it. Including her breast cancer long time ago, this will be her 3 time dealing with chemo.
That's about it for now.... Everything else is just the usual stress from my father, bills, and what not. But I try my best to muddle through.
I do wish you all a HAPPY NEW YEAR filled with love, happiness, joy, friendship, warmth, good health, and less stress! ^____^
Love you all for always being there to support me no matter what. I know this blog is pretty much dead water action, but I'm very active on Twitter & tumblr. I use tumblr a lot now for posting pics. So feel free to follow me there as well.
7 comments:
I will keep you and your mom in my prayers. Watching my mom go through chemo was one of the toughest things I've ever done. Remember to stay strong for her. *hugs*
Happy New Year love! Stay strong! <3
It was so wonderful to meet you!! Glad you had a chance to meet Kat!
I am so sorry about your mum - Hub's mum had breast cancer too and Chemo is so awful! Hope your mum comes through fine! *HUGS*
Good luck with the job hunt and be sure to DM me your addy!
It was so great meeting Jamilla and the hubs and you! I had a really nice time with you all.
So sorry to hear about your mom! It must be really stressful at home right now. Please take care and am sending good thoughts and prayers your way.
Good luck with finding a new job. If you have until February at your current work place, please give me a call and let's meet up for lunch! Even our work places are close to each other.
*Kat*
*HUGS*
I hope the year will get better for both you and your mum. <3
I'm glad you at least had some good moments as well and hope that there will be much more good than bad in the year for you.
::hug:: sorry to hear about your mom and your job situation. my thoughts are with your mom to make it through treatment, and with you to stay strong for her. hope good things start heading your way soon hun!
:( I'm so sad to hear about your mom Traci! I'm praying for her!
And I hope your job-hunting goes well! I think I'm going back to school full-time so I'm going to be quitting my full-time job soon. :( Ahh atudent loans... :/
Post a Comment