This is just a quick review on the DHC skin care I hauled months ago. But I finally am at the end of the products, so I feel I've used them enough to give a valid opinion.
As most of you know I started to break out really bad this year, and I hadn't changed my skin care or anything, so I'm not sure what started it. I think I might have adult acne, or either it's just the stress of this year. Coincidently it started the exact same week I moved back into my parents! LOL! Oh and don't forget I have oily skin too.
So I decided to try out a whole new regimen. And I've heard great things about DHC from other bloggers, & I really like the samples of DHC I've been gifted, so I though I'd give them a try. I picked up the PURE SOAP, BALANCING LOTION, & WATER BASE MOISTURE.
PURE SOAP:
What DHC says: Come clean. This simple little bar provides effective, no-nonsense care. Its gentle lather removes excess sebum, while olive oil and aloe hydrate, soften, and help bring composure to overactive skin. It cleanses without stripping your natural moisture or causing inflammation. No added fragrance or colors; just the healthy feeling of clean skin. Choose one large bar or go for three mini bars so you can have one for the gym, one for travel, and one at home. Suitable for:
normal or oily skin.
I really do like this soap! I do take my makeup off with MANDOM first though. It lathers up nicely and rinses clean. Doesn't really stop the oiliness, but doesn't promote it either. Leave my skin feeling clean & fresh. The only downside, is that it doesn't really do anything to help with my breakouts. And you'd be surprised at how long the bar lasts! I use it twice a day and it lasted me 3 months!
BALANCING LOTION:
What DHC says: Stay calm. If cleansing has left your pH unbalanced, find equilibrium with our stress-relieving Balancing Lotion. Gently apply this toner with a cotton pad to lift away lifeless cells and prime your skin for greater hydration. Allantoin and serine help soothe and hydrate your complexion. Alcohol-free for gentleness. Suitable for:
normal or oily skin.
I wanted a non astringent toner in hopes that it wouldn't aggravate my face even more. This is pleasantly refreshing without the stinging. It does a good job of wiping away any leftover crap on my face the soap left behind (which was almost nil!), and left my face feeling hydrated. But again, I don't know if it's doing anything to help with the breakouts.
WATER BASE MOISTURE:
What DHC says: A refreshing change. Water Base Moisture is our light liquid hydrator that’s saturated with emollients, including collagen, to offer your skin what it needs to stay supple. Elastin helps improve skin’s texture and elasticity and sodium hyaluronate is a superior moisture-binder. Use daily after cleansing and toning to nourish normal to oily complexions and help skin stay moist, but happily shine-free. Suitable for:
normal or oily skin.
I LOVE THIS!! It looks and feels like water, but really does moisturize your skin. The texture is between water & a serum, not thick enough to be a serum, but not runny enough to feel like nothing. And you don't need a lot either. About 5 splashes is enough for my face & neck! It absorbs in quick (I spread it on first then pat in) without any greasy feeling or lotion-y feeling, but your skin feels hydrated and soft! The only thing that would make this better is if it had a SPF in it, but I guess that would take away from the texture.
So that's my quick review of the products. Overall I'm very happy with DHC, the shipping was super fast and you get those 4 free samples to pick from every time you order too! And they usually have pretty good deals w/ their sales. I'm going to be trying out their Salicylic Acne Wash next to see if it'll help with my breakouts. If you have any more ?'s you wanna ask me on these products let me know! :)
*The above products were purchased by ME for my own personal use. All opinions are my own.*
11 comments:
Thanks for your review!! I really wanna try the Water Base Moisture, it sounds so good! And I think the packaging is super cute, hehe.
sorry to hear about your grandma..
about the cellnique stuff,wish it was more affordable too.they're just too expensive!
i made it without any audio, on purpose..haha thanks though..haha i tried filming while talking before..but then it took so long to finish..haha i talk too much and it feels super awkward
i forgot to add..the oil control of the powder is pretty good, you need to touch up though especially when its hot :)
NICe! i wanna try!
i used the pure bar too! well a while ago when I was in college or something. I think my skin stopped freaking out by then and calmed a bit so it was a bit drying and I could only use it on my t-zone. Nowadays its so drying on my skin, i can only use it when its hot outside and i'm getting super oily! lol!
glad its working out better for you!
nice reviews! the water base moisture definitely sounds nice :) I haven't tried it, but maybe their salicylic acne wash would help control your breakouts? I usually do better with an acne spot treatment after washing my face (Murad and Mario Badescu are good brands)
lol, my word verification is "mating"!
WOW you made that Water Base Moisture sound amazing...I want!!
omg my skin is really oily whenever i come home too i think it's the weather! i broke out like CRAZY when i came back to AZ cuz i think the weather change freaked my skin out! but glad you like the products! it's hard to find a good moisturizer!
LOL whatever! did u sell your powder yet?! i haven't even touch mine because of the gold stuff on it hahah and omg i forgot to post about the candies and stuff because I ATE THAT QUICK! lmao the chocolate was like the first thing i opened! =] and i'm coming home again in a month!!! lolol gotta take advantage before i go to guam with brian lol
Yay for DHC! They're good products for the price, although too bad they didn't help with your breakouts. I hope the next DHC product will work for you! =)
Ohhh I thought you already knew more Korean than me, because I remember seeing some tweets from you in Hangul! I'm still a beginner but once I get better, definitely will teach you! I don't have any friends who share this interest so it would be nice to have someone to talk with!
Btw...happy belated birthday!!
i haven't had the nerve to completely drop my skincare and try out a new line... haha! so go you!
Post a Comment