As most of you know I've been pretty MIA this week due to my mum's accident. Just a quick recap for those of you who don't know. Last Sunday my mum went for her reg morning "mall" walk with her friend. At the end of their walk she complained that she felt light-headed, then proceeded to pass out. As a result she somehow fell backwards and cracked the back of her head on the floor. She was rushed to the ER with no apparent problems beside the open wound & bleeding.
As she was awaiting transfer to another hospital for routine observation (mind you she's still coherent at this time), things took a turn for the worse. She then lost consciousness, and stopped breathing. My father & I were told she was stable though, and proceeded to go to the other hospital as well. When we got to the other hospital though, they wouldn't let us see her right away, we were told that the neurologist (brain doc), wanted to talk with us first. That's never good right?
Well what happened was from the first hospital to the trauma hospital, she became totally unresponsive, her CT scan from the new hospital was totally different from the first. She now had a blood clot, brain swelling, & blood in the brain. They needed to operate as soon as possible or she might die. Before the surgery when we were allowed to see her, the nurse said your daughter & husband are here, and mum then shocked everyone by opening her eyes for the first time. The neurosurgeon said that was a good sign, as she was completely unresponsive prior to that.
She had the surgery and was in the hospital this whole week. But she's made miraculous progress. Even the doctors & surgeons are amazed at how fast she recovered! This is all thanks to every person out there who prayed & sent positive thoughts for her! And of course another miracle that GOD has granted my family. First taking care of me during my accident & now this. She still needs to have the surgery for her uterine cancer, but that has to wait a while until she fully recovers from this brain surgery. But we have high hopes, and we're hoping the cancer doesn't spread while she's waiting.
THANK YOU SO MUCH AGAIN TO ALL OF YOU WHO PRAYED & SENT POSITIVITY TOWARDS MY MUM, ME, & MY FAMILY THIS WEEK!
I'll be getting back into posting again by the end of this week going into next week.
17 comments:
i am so happy to hear she is home now
i continue to send u nothing but the best wishes
HUGS
i'm so glad she's at home and recovering so fast!!
Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear about that Wuzzy! :( I had no idea that this happened! :( I am so grateful to hear that your mom has been making a positive recovery and I hope she is back to 100% soon. My thoughts & prayers go out to your mom & family. <3
Hey Wuzzy
I'm glad everything is looking up for your mom. I've been reading up on your tweets and I apologize that I wasn't able to send you over my warm wishes for you and your family but I'm glad to know that things are looking better for her. I'm sending you and your family all my love!
xoxo
prayers go out to you and your family. i'm wishing her a speedy recovery!!
Wuzzy if there is anything I can do..anything at all. Just ask
ever here for you
xx
As a silent reader of yours, I rarely comment, but OMG Thank God she recovered this well! She's very strong!
Did they find out what caused this? I get, the blood was because of her knocking her head (tho it must have been a huuuuge knock to result in blood clot)...
But fainting...simply low blood pressure?
It all sounds so absurd >.<
I think, after this, the next surgery will be a piece of cake for her! ^.^
All the best wishes!~
her recovery sounds like its on a good path. Heres to hoping it gets even more better for your family.
I'm so glad your mom is ok!! I will keep you all in my prayers.
*hugs*
I'm so happy that things are better! Best wishes and continued love to you and your family!!!
I'm just glad she's doing better! Your fam will stay in my thoughts and prayers =)
sooo happy to hear your mom is back home and improving! sending more happy thoughts and prayers to you & your fam for things to continue improving :)
Oh my gosh! Where have I been?? I didn't know. I'm so sorry she went through that Wuzzy! I'll pray that she makes a full recovery and that her next surgery goes well! :) Strong strong girl :)
RYC: yes yes yes press your pigments! haha. I dunno why but once I started, I got "addicted" to it and I've been pressing all my loose pigments since! lol. :P
Oh man smoked marlin is the shiiit! I can't believe I forgot that on my list! (>_<)
Haha yeah, I knew alot of adults with Seiko watches too. I guess that's why I started wanting one. I wish they'd come up with more...stylish designs tho. :S
Thats great :)
So glad that your mom is recovering :)
OMG Wuzzy...This post made me cry! I am so glad your mom is back home and she is recovering very well. I'll keep her in my prayers.
Post a Comment