WUZZYANGEL'S ALOHA SALE

NEW ITEMS JUST ADDED 10/17/10!! New items beeing added again soon!
Check out my SALE

HERE!


CLOTHES, ACCESSORIES, MAKEUP, MU ACCESSORIES, FRAGRANCE, POLISH, MUFE
MAC, NYX, COACH, ROXY, AND MORE!! :)
NOW WITH MAC HK!!

Monday, December 14, 2009

2009 Honolulu Marathon & Dec 09 MPPB!

Yesterday was the 2009 Honolulu Marathon. It's one of the most well know marathons internationally! It's a 26.2 mi course that winds around central & east Oahu. People come from all over the world to participate! I believe this year had about 23, 500 entrants with 20,321 finishers! For more info on the marathon go to http://honolulumarathon.org

So earlier in the week we had to go to the marathon expo to pick up "Cheese"s #. I saw this cute inflatable Docomo mascot!
So you know I had to take a pic with it! LOL!

We spent the entire weekend in Waikiki. There was no way I was gonna deal with traffic. LOL. "Cheese" didn't do the race alone he was accompanied by our friend Omi. See how happy they are right before leaving to take the shuttle to the start line at 3am! LOL! That will change! Ha!
"Cheese" at the finish. I'm sooo PROUD of him. He finished it in just under 9 hrs. I know that sounds like a long time, but he was looking after Omi. He made a promise to stay with her the whole way. I believe that if he did it on his own he would've finished in about 5-6hrs.
Dying! LOL!
FINISHER SHIRT! To see more pics of "Cheese" along the course go to this link http://tinyurl.com/yb96ebu. LOL some of the pics are soo funny! He be posing! LOL!
There were soo many people, and some even ran in costumes! Tones of wedding couples, and there were Panda Heads, Frog Heads, a full on Pikachu, a full on Goku, a Super Tiger, & even a Zelda! That's just to name a few! There was o much more! Couldn't snag pics though.. :(


The view from our room. We stayed at the Queen Kapiolani Hotel, which is right across the street from the Honolulu Zoo, Waikiki Beach, & a quick stroll to Kapiolani Park. Which was the reason for staying there. It's soo close to the finish line! LOL! Sisnlaw, Bamboocha, & I stood around & waited for 4hrs to see them finish! LOL!
Diamond Head
Once again I'm so proud of "Cheese"! He trained hard for this marathon, and it paid off. He's still in pain right now though! LOL! Next year he's gonna do it again by himself to see how long it'll take.


On to other things... Here's my quick review of December's MyPrettyPinkBox!

And I'm still soo obsessed over the Kdrama "You're Beautiful". I finished the series online in like 3 days, cuz I couldn't wait for the weekly airings! LOL! And I still watch the weekly airings, and clips online! LOL! Also I downloaded both volumes of the OST. I'm a happy camper right now! LOL!
>_o

19 comments:

ectini said...

Lol looks like fun! I watched some on the news XD I think I would die if I ever tried to do a marathon ><

Unknown said...

pretty view! I've been to waikiki beach when I went there years ago! good job for "cheese" and omi for running the whole 26.2 miles! wow haha.

love what you got in your MPPB. & whaaaat!? space invaders? hahaha I probably wouldn't use it, it's too cute!

izumi said...

WOW that's quite an achievement :) good for him!!

alien man?! said...

o god. i could never run a marathon and i certainly don't ever want to LOL but i would sure love to visit waikiki!

Anonymous said...

Woohoo! 26+ miles! Congrats again to Cheese! I could never run that far! I saw clips from the "convention" place for the marathon and I would sooo just fly to Oahu to get that out! lol. So many Japanese people and companies!

Re: ahahah! Yeah, and you can tell the fights are on cuz the streets are liiiined with cars for "fight parties" lol. :P Love that about Hawaii. :D

Thanks for the comments Wuzz :) I shouldn't rant so much tho, I know. haha. It just comes out...like word vomit. lol. These last couple weeks have been killer. Housemate problems, school problems, life problems. *sigh* oh well. Life goes on! ;)

Hope things are going great for you, girl!

Stephanie said...

What a beautiful place you live in!!! I'm determined to visit Hawaii one day ^_^

9 hrs! wow!

Good job runners!

Anonymous said...

awww thanks a lot dear :)

Unknown said...

GO CHEEEEEEEEEESE!! GO CHEEEEEEEEEEESE!!!

Jeez wuzzy!! If I could have been there to show my support I really would. I need to win the lotto I tell you. We would have followed the race willing Cheese on and whilst drinking something lovely and pink from a lavish ice bucket!

Tammy said...

Congrats to Cheese!!!! What a major accomplishment.

I love that Tomo was just randomly walking back & forth in your video..lol

Unknown said...

congrats to ur cheeeeese! and totally random, but i love how u say "blue" =)

Mona said...

OMG cheese pose pics are HYSTERICAL!!

where in the world are ou watching all these kdramas??!

Vanessa M. said...

wow looks cool! id never finsih it lol

Whitney & the full effect said...

OMG GO CHEESE!!! what the heck I can't believe he ran a marathon how amazing!! I am super impressed- the view from your hotel room is so gorgeous-
also, you look so cute in hats!! :)

♥ Ms. Kendall ♥ said...

Yay Cheese!!! My lazy behind can't even run to the mailbox!!!
I missed the Dec. box >_<
XoXO

Iyah Love said...

YAY for MPPB! So much goodies!! woohoo!! and that Docomo mascot is such a cute character :) 1st time I've heard of it :)

Anywho, i love love your cars but I'm scared of driving big cars. I'm used to my 2 door car and whenever I borrow my mom's pilot, I get really scared :P

Jamilla Camel said...

Hawaii..sun..Christmas on the beach!!

You've got it all, hun!!

Happy Holidays!

Dirt On The Rocks said...

congrats cheese on the 26+ mi. run!! yay for the finish :)

ectini said...

WUZZY! Waaahh, I wish I could have met up with you this time! We actually went up for mom's dr. appt (she's cancer-free ^^) and to ship a car down, so it was so stressful ><

Next time, definitely!!!!! Idk how you can drive around there, it's so scary to meee X__x I hope you feel better soon!<3

paperdollrevenge said...

That's so awesome! I believe Murakami-sama runs that marathon too. Yay Cheese!

Ahhh I'm with you, any body skincare product over $15 is an indulgence for me, that's why I only use the Sabon butter cream on weekends...haven't even used the bottle of Carrot lotion yet...'cause I want it to lasttttt!

I saw the Say Yes To Carrots body butter at Target, need to read your review again to see if I should pick it up for my daily/weekday moisturizer. =)

Where are you watching these Kdramas?! I'm scared to ask though...don't want to get hooked! =)

P.S. You do not have old lady hands!

Visiting From: