Sorry I've been so MIA lately. They're still doing construction on our house so everything is CHAOS! But I finally finished up the samples that Cellnique sent me. So it's review time! :)
I was very excited when Selina from Cellnique contacted me asking I would like to review some samples from them. Both Eki & Whit (Eki's Review / Whit's Review) have reviewed Cellnique and I was so interested in this company after reading their reviews, so I jumped at the chance to try it out for myself.
You can imagine my surprise when I opened my package up. I was expecting just 1 or 2 samples, but they practically sent me a whole regimen!
Here is what they sent me along with some guidelines. The crossed out items are the ones I didn't receive.
Here are some guidelines to try out the products
Steps Type AM PM Remark
1 1st Cleanser Vital Repair Cleansing Milk Vital Repair Cleansing Milk AM/PM
2 2nd Cleanser Gentle Foaming Cleanser Gentle Foaming Cleanser AM/PM
3 Toner Soothing and Hydrating Lotion Soothing and Hydrating Lotion
4 Serum Skin Action Sebum Gel Skin Action Sebum Gel AM/PM
5 Serum Derma Brightener Derma Brightener AM/PM
6 Booster Advanced Bio Renewal Serum Advanced Bio Renewal Serum
7 Moisturizer Vital Cellular Repair Emulsion Vital Cellular Repair Emulsion AM/PM
8 Sunscreen Total DayTime Protection 30 - AM
9 Masque - Advanced Bio Renewal Masquemix with
Vital Repair Cleansing Milk (50:50) Mix 50:50, Apply a thick layer evenly on the face and neck, leaving it on for 10 minutes. Then wet fingertips and gently massage for another 10 – 15 minutes using upwards and outwards circular movements. Rinse thoroughly with water.
On to the reviews! All pics & descriptions are taken from Cellnique.com, also click on any pic to be taken to the product's web page.
VITAL REPAIR CLEANSING MILK
$39 for 200ml
Benefits:
A hydrophilic cleansing milk that removes make-up and pollutants, leaving skin feeling silky soft and moist after cleansing. It contains natural antioxidants and micellar vitamins to counter the assault of free radicals.
Treating Skin Problems:
Remove Facial Make-Up and Pollutant
Suitable Skin Types:
All Skin Types
Full Ingredient List:
Purified Water (Aqua purificata), Cetyl Isooctanoate, Glycerin, Glyceryl Monostearate, 1,3-Butylene Glycol, Ceteareth-5, Ceteareth-25, Cetyl Alcohol, Wheat Germ (Triticum vulgare) Oil, Allantoin, Vitamin A, Retinol, Ascorbyl Magnesium Phosphate (Vitamin C), Sodium PCA, DMDM Hydantoin, Alpha-Bisabolol, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Methylparaben.
This smells sooo good. Like fresh coconut! It's a very milky type cleanser. I didn't feel like it was deep cleaning enough to remove my makeup properly, but on the days that I didn't wear too much makeup it was perfect. Very gentle on your skin.
GENTLE FOAMING CLEANSER
$38 for 200ml
Benefits:
A gentle cleanser, containing alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) and tomato extract, designed for all skin types to remove dead skin cells, impurities and excess oil. Contains no sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS).
Treating Skin Problems:
Remove Dead Skin Cells and Excess Oil
Suitable Skin Types:
Normal, Oily, Combination
Full Ingredient List:
Purified Water (Aqua purificata), Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Disodium Cocam-phodiacetate, Glycolic Acid, Lactic Acid, Amino Acid, Tomato (Salanum lycopersicum) Extract, Bilberry (Vaccinium myrtillus) Extract, Saponaria (Saponaria officinalis) Extract, Propyl Glycol, Isostearamidopropyl Mor-pholine Lactate, Quarternium-22, TEA-Lauryl Sulfate, Soya (Glycine soja) Protein, Chamomile (Anthemis nobilis) Extract, Aloe Vera (Aloe barbadensis) Leaf Gel, Linden (Tilia cordata) Extract, Allantoin, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, DMDM Hydantoin.
Honestly I wasn't too impressed with this cleanser. It doesn't really "foam" up. More like a light suds. It says it's for Normal / Oily Combo skin, but I guess my skin is just too oily for it. Didn't feel like it was cleansing enough for me. When I went over with my cotton pad of toner, it still had dirt & makeup coming off. I would recommend this cleanser for sensitive skin though. It really is that gentle. The consistency reminds me of liquid hand soap. Kinda looks like that too.
SKIN ACTION SEBUM GEL
$55 for 30ml
Benefits:
A gentle formula designed for comedogenic, oily and combination skin types to reduce both blackheads and whiteheads. This daily maintenance gel also reduces oil secretion, leaving the skin clean and clear.
Treating Skin Problems:
Blackheads • Whiteheads • Congestion • Open & closed comedone • Excessive sebum • Control oil
Suitable Skin Types:
All Skin Types
Full Ingredient List:
Purified Water (Aqua purificata), Tea Tree Oil (Melaleuca alternifolia), Dipropylene Glycol, Eucalyptus Oil (Eucalyptus globulus), Hyaluronic Acid, Aloe Vera Gel (Aloe barbadensis), Sodium Salicylate, Witch Hazel Extract (Hamamelis virginiana), Carbomer, Glycerin, Peppermint Oil (Mentha piperita), Triethanolamine, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben.
This product is one of faves! It really does work. I've noticed that my tzone has been less oily then usual. It's not a drastic decrease, but enough to where it's noticeable! Also my blackheads have cleared up, and I swear my whiteheads are GONE!! And my tzone is much more smoother now too! The serum has practically no smell and absorbs easily into your tzone. On 1st use you get a "cooling" sensation, that is not unpleasant at all. After that the only time you get that sensation is when you apply too much product on. I'm happy that they sent me a full size product of this, because I can see it becoming a permanent part of my skincare! The only downside I see is the steep price.
DERMA BRIGHTENER
$48 for 30ml
Benefits:
An essential serum on all dressing tables! Not only does Derma Brightener help to prevent the skin from hyper-pigmentation but it also restores your skin’s luminous glow. This is a very gentle skin glowing serum.
Treating Skin Problems:
Dull • Uneven skin tone • Discoloration
Suitable Skin Types:
All Skin Types
Full Ingredient List:
Purified Water (Aqua purificata), Bearberry Extract (Arctostaphylos uva-ursi), Malic Acid, Glycolic Acid, Citric Acid, Tartaric Acid, Kojic Acid, Apple Extract (Pyrus malus), Grape Extract (Citrus grandis), Bilberry Extract (Vaccinium mytillus), Glycoprotein, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Tetrasodium EDTA, Allantoin, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butyl Paraben, Ethylparaben, Phenoxyethanol.
I wish I got a full size sample of this too. Because I believe that it really was starting to help even out my skintone. But the sample size only lasted me about 1 1/2 weeks (day & night). The consistency is runny, a bit like toner and has a maple brown sugar smell to me. LOL! But I think that when I get more $$ I'm def gonna purchase a full size bottle and see how it works by using it longer. :)
VITAL CELLULAR REPAIR EMULSION
$88 for 30g
Benefits:
Vital Cellular Repair Emulsion is an innovative formulation, consisting of reparatory ingredients, specifically designed to repair damaged cells and promote the healing process.
Treating Skin Problems:
• Dehydration • Post peel • Post acne • Sensitive • Scars / marks
Suitable Skin Types:
Normal, Oily, Combination
Full Ingredient List:
Purified Water (Aqua purificata), Butylene Glycol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Perilla Ocymoides Leaf Extract, Sodium PCA, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, PEG-10 Dimethicone, PEG-8, Tocopheryl Acetate, Panthenol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Bisabolol, Disteardimionium Hectorite, Ceremide III, Yeast Beta Glucan, Superoxide Dismutase, Sodium Chloride, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.
This product I wish wasn't one of their most expensive, I absolutely fell in love with this emulsion! It absorbed into the skin so easy without being greasy! I do wish it had a SPF in it, but it paired very well with the sunscreen sample they sent me. I can't tout it's fading properties as my sample only lasted me 1 1/2 weeks (day & night).
TOTAL DAYTIME PROTECTION 30
$55 for 50g
Benefits:
Total Daytime Protection 30 is a highly acclaimed daytime formulation with a dual function: it is an ultra-light, skin-friendly water-based daytime moisturizer as well as providing maximum protection against harmful UVA and UVB rays of the sun (SPF30). This non-greasy, non-comedogenic formulation contains French grape seeds and Japanese green tea extract, both powerful free radical scavengers, leaving skin silky smooth to the touch.
Treating Skin Problems:
2-in-1 UV defenses & daytime moisturizer
Suitable Skin Types:
All Skin Types
Full Ingredient List:
Purified Water (Aqua purificata), Butylene Glycol, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Cyclomethicone, Titanium Dioxide, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Zinc Oxide, Cetyl Esters, Octyl Palmitate, Acrylates Cross-Polymer, Green Tea (Camellia sinensis) Leaf Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Grape Seed (Vitis viticola) Extract, Aloe (Aloe barbadensis) Leaf Juice, Silica, Dimethicone / Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Ethylene / Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia) Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparabens, Tropical Fruit Fragrance.
This is another product I really liked. It layers well with the emulsion without being sticky or greasy. Absorbs like a dream & smells like yummy tropical fruits! If this was a bit more moisturizing on it's own I could see myself using it as an everyday moisturizer/SPF.
ADVANCED BIO RENEWAL MASQUE
$55 for 50g
Benefits:
This unparalleled clay masque is formulated with bio-captured fresh fruit enzymes and acid complexes. Advanced Bio Renewal Masque effectively exfoliates dead skin cells, optimizing cellular renewal performance and deep pore cleansing, thus revealing a softer, fresher, and healthier skin.
Treating SkinProblems:
Dull • Uneven skin tone • Congestion • Pigmentation • Wrinkles • Discoloration • Open pores • Enlarged pores • Scars / Marks
Suitable Skin Types:
All Skin Types
Full Ingredient List:
Purified Water (Aqua purificata), Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Disodium Cocamphodiacetate, Pineapple Enzyme (Bromelain), Papaya Enzyme (Papain), Polyethylene Micro Beads, Glycolic Acid, Malic Acid, Citric Acid, Tartaric Acid, Tomato Extract, Lemon (Citrus medica limonum) Oil, Grape Seed (Vitis vinifera) Extract, Bilberry (Vaccinium myrtillus), Amino Acid, Saponaria (Saponaria offcinalis) Extract, Propylene Glycol, Chamomile (Anthemis nobilis), Aloe Vera (Aloe barbadensis) Gel, Linden (Tilia cordata), Titanium Dioxide, Allantoin, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, DMDM Hydantoin, Tropical Fruit Fragrance.
This has to be my FAVE product of the bunch! It's like a EXFOLIATOR & MASK in one!! I'm soo happy they sent me a full size tub! It smells soo good, like yummy pineapple or a Big Island Cookie (some of you know what I'm talking about!), the exfoliating bits mixed in make a great gentle exfoliator when you wash the mask off. To me it's not as deep cleaning as my Aztec Secret, but this mask makes my skin so SOFT & BRIGHT after using it! I LOVE IT! :) I didn't mix it with the Vita Repair Milk as suggested since I only had a sample size of that.
Overall I'm very impressed with Cellnique and their products. Selina was great with communicating with me, and the products are all high quality and work! The only downsides I can see is the steep price of the products. But remember I'm only working part time. If I come into a more steady pay, I def see myself repurchasing Cellnique products! :)
Wanna try some Cellnique for yourself?! They're offering free product samples to my readers! To get your free sample email your name & mailing addy to fbfreesample@cellnique.com with the subject line WUZZYANGEL. :) This is available on a 1st come 1st serve basis to the first 100 readers. What do you have to lose?! Go get your FREE SAMPLE! :)
Also Cellnique is having a special until Nov 30! Buy any Skin Action Sebum Gel and get the Gentle Foaming Cleanser for 50% off! More details HERE.
Thanks for reading this lengthy review! And thank you to Cellnique for contacting me! :)







14 comments:
Awww these look cool, the bottles look "high class" lmao but yeah...the price is a lil steep for my wallet =( Thanks for sharing, Wuzzy!
looks good! anything tat reduces blackheads is good!
i am kinda stuck on my new skincare regime so afriad to try something new but if i do, will check this out!
Wow, thanks for all the reviews! I was really interested in Cellnique after hearing Eki's reviews, only I was deterred by the prices :( Totally hit them up for those samples! Thanks! :D
Ack! I emailed them as soon as I read this. The products look great! Thanks for the review.
Thanks, wuzzerz! Put in my request.
I agree w/Nanzy tho. Those products are WAY pricey.
Wooow! Cellnique sounds amazing! I hope I'm one of the first 100 XD thanks for reviewing/posting/tweeting! ;P
You know I already sent my email out right..?? lol
I really want to try the skin action sebum gel!!
Great reviews..as usual I want to buy all the skincare items you liked..lol
great reviews for all of these products Wuz :) I'd say if the product works, it's worth the cost! lol I feel like I might never be able to stop using Laneige for my lotions & potions...it's taking forever to use up a bottle!
the stuff looks great! The price is a bit high but hey if it does the job then why not! :D
woo hoo! looks great just sent my email! hope there not all gone!
ooh, i hope I get some samples! this looks great! thanks!!
thank you for the review :D
i think i'm too late on the sampels portion haha
great review wuzzy! you are way better at it than me!! haha
have got to try it
Post a Comment